This template is designed to assist Author in preparing manuscript; it is an exact representation of the format expected by the editor (downloadable at: Template Tora). To use this template, please just Save As this MS Word file to your document, then copy and paste your document here. All papers submitted to the journal should be written in English language.
Jurnal Hukum to-ra : Hukum untuk mengatur dan melindungi masyarakat is a peer-reviewed journal published by Fakultas Hukum, Universitas Kristen Indonesia three times a year in April, August and December. The aims of this journal is to provide a venue for academicians, researchers and practitioners for publishing the original research articles or review articles. This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Jurnal Hukum to-ra : Hukum untuk mengatur dan melindungi masyarakat is available in print and online version.
Guideline for Online Submission
Author should first register as Author and/or is offered as Reviewer through the following address: http://ejournal.uki.ac.id/index.php/tora/about/submissions
Author should fulfil the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered. After all form textbox was filled, Author clicks on “Register” button to proceed the registration. Therefore, Author is brought to online author submission interface where Author should click on “New Submission”. In the Start a New Submission section, click on “’Click Here’: to go to step one of the five-step submission process”. The following are five steps in online submission process:
- Step 1 - Starting the Submission: Select the appropriate section of journal, i.e. Original Research Articles or Review Article. Thus, author must check-mark on the submission checklists.
- Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file to be submitted, then click Upload button.
- Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: In this step, detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords.
- Step 4 – Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including Covering/Submission Letter, and Signed Copyright Transfer Agreement Form. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the files, and then click on Upload button.
- Step 5 – Confirming the Submission: Author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to Jurnal Hukum to-ra : Hukum untuk mengatur dan melindungi masyarakat, click Finish Submission button after the documents is true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgement by email and will be able to view the submission’s progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web address site.
After this submission, Authors who submit the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Authors are able to track their submission status at any time by logging in to the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes the status of manuscript review and editorial process.
The sequence of manuscripts following:
- Title; Abstract; Keywords; Introduction; Method (for Original Research Articles); Analysis and Discussion; Conclusion; and
- The word limit for the submission is 4000-8000 words.
Check each reference against the original source (authors name, volume, issue, year, DOI Number). Please use Reference Manager Applications like EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, etc. Use other published articles in the same journal as models. Bibliography at the end of the manuscript arranged alphabetically by author following:
Books with an author:
Ali, A. (2012). Menguak Teori Hukum (Legal Theory) dan Teori Peradilan (Judicialprudence) Termasuk Interpretasi Undang-Undang (Legisprudence). Jakarta: Kencana.
Books with an editor:
Irianto, S. (ed). (2009). Hukum Yang Bergerak; Tinjauan Antropologi Hukum. Jakarta: Yayasan Obor Indonesia.
Irwansyah. (2013). “Jejak Demokrasi Lingkungan dalam Undang-Undang Nomor 32 Tahun 2009” Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Amanna Gappa, 21(2): 121-131.
World Wide Web:
British Broadcasting Corporation. (2012). Noken Papua Mendapat Pengakuan UNESCO. Available from: http://goo.gl/KJ3D3I. [Accessed 1 April 2015].
Bibliographic citations are provided in foot-notes with format:
Menski, W. (2000). Comparative Law in a Global Context, The Legal Systems of Asia and Africa. London: Platinum Publishing Ltd, p. 16
Section from a book:
Hiariej, E.O.S. “Pemilukada Kini dan Masa Datang Perspektif Hukum Pidana” dalam Achmad D. Haryadi (ed). (2012). Demokrasi Lokal: Evaluasi Pemilukada di Indonesia. Jakarta: Konstitusi Press, p. 182
Afriansyah, A. (2015). “Foreigners Land Rights Regulations: Indonesia’s Practice”. Jurnal Mimbar Hukum, 27(1): 98-116
BOOK REVIEW GUIDELINES
Jurnal Hukum to-ra : Hukum untuk mengatur dan melindungi masyarakat does not require any rigid format for conducting a book review. Reviewers should feel at liberty to approach the review in their own style with the broader aim of contextualizing the work in the literature or policy developments at the time of publication. We welcome reviews about academic books, monographs or edited volumes, policy publications, or reviews on past works that are relevant for re-engaging in theory, policy, and practice related to contemporary issues in legal scholarship.
The remainder of this document sets out some guidelines for potential book reviewers to follow in conducting a review. Word count: We prefer formats between 1000-1500 words. The review should also seek out to cover the questions listed below:
- How is the author’s background and work situated in the broader field of study?
- What is the central argument of the book and how is the work timely in its theoretical or empirical engagement? Does it deliver and does it leave anything out?
- What was the methodology and factual basis of the study? Were there factual errors and oversights or faulty assumptions? We are especially interested in a close review of the sources, extent, and depth of the research.
- Who is the audience of the book?
- How is the structure, prose, length, and other aspects of the books accessibility and readability? Is it enjoyable?
- Are there unique features to the book in terms of illustrations, indexing, bibliographic or other aspects?
- Does the title capture the book’s major argument?
If you would like to follow a general outline, we propose approaching the review under the following headings / sub-sections:
- Introduction: brief description of the subject, aim, and scope. Make sure to outline the central thesis of the book and the key arguments
- Situate within the broader literature both theoretically and empirically. Has this book filled a key gap and how?
- Review the components of the arguments and review the strengths and weaknesses of each of the arguments. Are there key features of the book that were particularly memorable?
- What new questions does the book raise?