Peer Review Process
Focus and Scope Peer Review Process Publication Frequency Section Policies Open Access Policy Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement Duties of Authors Duties of Editor Duties of Reviewers Publication Fee
Journal of English Teaching (JET) uses a double-blind system for peer-review, with appropriate reviewers selected from an extensive panel of scholars. Both reviewers and authors' identities remain anonymous. Each manuscript submitted to JET will be peer-reviewed by at least two experts. Manuscripts are initially assessed by the Editors to ensure readiness for review. If deemed appropriate, manuscripts are then sent out for review, after which one of the following recommendations may be made:
- accepted for publication,
- accepted subject to minor revisions,
- invited to resubmit following substantial revisions,
- submit elsewhere or declined.
JET is committed to high academic standards, viewing publication as a collaborative process among Authors, Reviewers, and Editors.
Peer Review Process
- All submitted articles will be reviewed in a double-blind system for peer-review; both reviewers’ and authors’ identities remain anonymous.
- The submitted manuscript will be reviewed by at least two experts: one editorial member as well as one external reviewer.
The review process may take up to five weeks.
- Editor receives a manuscript from author;
- Editor evaluates the manuscript (journal aim and scope, in house style, supplementary data); (Rejected if not meet criteria)
- Editor screens for plagiarism on offline and online database manually; (Rejected if found major plagiarism, contacted author if found redundancy or minor plagiarism for clarification)
- Editor sends the manuscript to reviewer along with review form (double-blind review, Both reviewer and author remain anonymous to each other);
- Reviewer sends back his review form to Editor (with revised manuscript if necessary);
- Editor decides (accepted, accepted with minor revisions, invited to resubmit following substantial or major revisions, or declined/rejected);
- Editor makes a confirmation to the Author.
- If the decision is revision, the author revises the manuscript and returns it to the editor without delay (not later than two months) unless it will be considered as a new submission.