As English is widely taught as a first language, a second language and as a foreign language, so there must be needed Journals that might cover the field of teaching the English where it is the main purpose of publishing this JET. Besides, this JET is also provided to be a medium for the scholar, and the practitioners of English teaching in which it is taught and learnt as a first, second or foreign language all over the word.
JET is a tri-annual publication featuring original articles on wide range of topics on the teaching English and usually be published every February, June, and October each year.
JET is supported through a panel Peer Reviewer members whose revision are based upon the relevance, clarity, and value of the articles submitted by the writers. Then, the papers which have been revised submitted back to the writer to be completed.
JET is first published in 2011 by the English Department, Faculty of Education and Teachers Training, Christian University of Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia.
Purposes of this Journal are :
- To cover the field of teaching the English and to provide a medium for the scholar, and the practitioners of English teaching in which it is taught and learnt as a first, second or foreign language all over the word.
- The world leading forum through convention where exchange of ideas and dissemination of information on good practices within English Language Teaching from diverse fields;
- Strengthen and broaden the network of English language teachers and all those involved in the English language teaching sector in the world;
- Increase the links between the English language teachers communities
- Highlight research in the fields of language, neuro-linguistics and contemporary language education.
We invite papers on the following subtopics in ELT:
- Education and language policy
- EFL teaching methods
- ELT curriculum and syllabus design
- Materials writing
- Teacher education and professional development
- Assessment and evaluation
- English in the Pacific Rim countries
- Intercultural communication and cultural awareness
- Teaching literature and the arts
- IT in language education
- Interpreting and translation
- Other Languages
- Global Issues in Language Education
- Area Studies
- Teacher Education and Development
- Materials Development and Design
- Motivation in Language Education
- Testing and Evaluation
- Other related areas